I oriented 20 Georgia State University faculty members from a number of departments to Twitter on August 3. The group was part of an initiative to encourage hybrid class experimentation lead by George Pullman and GSU’s Center for Innovative Instruction. My notes follow . . .
Twitter is a microblogging platform and the second most populated social media sphere. It is an invaluable resource for reading, teaching, meeting, and collaborating.
- Definitions and functionality
- Jesse Stommel’s “Getting Started with Twitter” & “The Twitter Essay”
- Pete Rorabaugh’s “Twitter Theory and the Public Scholar” & #twitterscholar advice.
- Hybrid Pedagogy’s “Concordance” of digital tools
- Clive Thompson’s “How Twitter Creates a Social Sixth Sense”
Gave participants the assignment below.
- Let’s do something (open>share>comment twice>process): Share a piece of educational technology using the hashtag #gsuhybridize. Comment on your peers’ pics.
- Storify of that final assignment viewable here.